Sunday, April 4, 2010

Great Weekend (Sorry...no babies, yet)

What a weekend: we were able to celebrate my birthday on Saturday, Easter was today (along with the first pitch of the baseball season), and the babies continue to grow. My birthday was good on Saturday, with Linda (Kristen's mom), and my aunt and uncle, (Pam and Johnny) joining us for some cake in the hospital room. Kristen kept saying to me that all of my birthdays since we have been together have been a bummer: we have literally moved on 3 or 4 of them, I was in Fallon or on the boat on work ups for one of them, and on this one, she is in the hospital. But I say this is the best one. She and the babies are healthy, we don't have any scenarios we dreaded just a short couple of months ago, I am not gone, and she is oh SO close to having these babies. Great birthday!

We were able to have a funny Easter today. With Kristen literally stuck to her hospital bed (in shirts that now only cover up about half of her belly!), we obviously couldn't go anywhere for church. So, I brought the church to us for some celebrating and communion. After reading some great scripture regarding Christ's resurrection (the basis for our beliefs and hope), we partook in communion with the usual: Cran-Grape juice and a 9-grain muffin from Starbucks! I don't know if Jesus and the Twelve did it up like that, but nothing like a ghetto communion to get you laughing.

Kristen has now been in the hospital almost 13 weeks, the first 3 or 4 of which we weren't sure that we wouldn't lose the Cooper Trio. But as she said a couple of days ago, why should we be SURPRISED that she has made it this far? Haven't we heard of people from all over the world (literally) praying for her and these babies?! We were very humbled the other day when one of her aunts told us of a class of kids who literally pray for her every day! Very humbling. If you want to hear of why we believe what we believe and why we have the hope that we have in Christ, please ask. I'd love to talk with you about it.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so why is it that when me, cassie, carrie, and makennah wanted to have communion with coke and chocolate, kristen said that would be sacreligous?!

    Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete