Saturday, April 10, 2010

D-Day: April 20th, 2010

After weeks and months (literally) of waiting in anticipation......it will continue for another week and a half. The doctors set a date this week of April 20th for when they will bring the babies into the world. After all this time, I am very confident that Kristen will make the date, which will put the babies exactly at 36 weeks.

I have to tell you: while I am so thankful that the babies will be about as healthy as triplets can be coming into this world, I am freaked out to think about taking them home just a few days later (who knows: something may come up keeping one or more in the hospital, but odds are in favor of them coming home with us). So I had a meltdown of the higher order this week. It was good to get myself back under wraps and control, but I can really see how this could suck the life out of me if I let it. I think it will be good when the babies just get here, and all the anticipation and wondering about things will be over, and we'll just be in the trenches with them living our new life.

One week and a couple of days left before this happens. Pretty crazy to think. I'll try to get a picture of Kristen this weekend to show you her around 35 weeks. That belly is large and in charge!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ben (and Kristin)- I think everyone is freaked out to bring their first (one) baby home...I can' t imagine three! I am sure there will be lots more freak-out sessions for you both. (I still have them on a regular basis with my 10 week old. But just remember, you will have three beautiful gifts that you will love more than you can imagine. Hold them, spoil them, ENJOY them! - Nicole (Aiden, Amelia and Carsten)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty amazing stuff! April 20 is the day Uncle Tim died. These babies are miracles! And it will be the 10th year anniversary of the Place of Hope. AND I've been praying all along that the babies would make it to 36 weeks. So cool.

    ReplyDelete