Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 2: The Cooper 5 are all together!

Last night, around 6pm, Lucas and I were able to return to Providence hospital to be with the rest of the family. While having a great time hanging out on our own, it was time to get back with mama. All three babies are doing great, sleeping a ton and trying to learn how to eat.

Here in the second day, I have learned a few things that I might not otherwise have known:

1.) What the heck is with the tar in the diaper?! No wonder these babies are pissed.
2.) You no kidding can already start seeing their three different personalities. More on that later.
3.) Babies are not as breakable as I thought.
4.) I have now seen, over the last 24-48 hours, a little bit of what it means to be a "father" and "husband." Both are actually pretty incredible in their own rights.

These little people are amazing. No one has been more amazing though than Kristen. From being on bed rest in a hospital for all of 2010 to going through that major surgery, she has been amazing. And even through the massive pain she has been in (gut wrenching and heart breaking to watch from my perspective), she is still fighting through it to go down to the NICU and be with/feed the babies (I am relegated to diaper changer). It is an amazing sight and one I won't soon forget. A mother's love...

Please continue to pray for her as she continues the long, slow, and painful process of recovery and trying to get used to this new and amazing life. I'll post some more pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment