Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not so fun night

The main reason I wasn't able to get any pictures up last night is that we had a really crazy night. After being able to see the babies for a couple of hours (and actually feeding two of them), the triplets were taken down to the NICU for a checkup and observation. All of the babies were in good health, except for Lucas. Without going into it, they decided around 11pm that Lucas needed to be flown to Children's Hospital (that's right: flown! He now has one leg up on the others, and you knew one of the Cooper kids had to go flying on the big day, right??!!!!) for surgery. I drove down and was with him, actually getting to carry him to the operating room, which was good. I got about an hour of sleep, and around 5:30am, he was done and up in his room.

All went well, and he will be JUST FINE (thank God!!). So, Luke and I have been bonding. I have been able to feed him a little bit a couple of times. It is pretty amazing to look down at him and know he is my child. Unbelievable feeling. Now, hopefully, we get reunited soon with Mama and the other two.

No comments:

Post a Comment