Thursday, April 15, 2010

Announcing the arrival of....


Jackson James (Jack), Chloe Elizabeth, and Lucas Samual (Luke) Cooper! At around 7:20 pacific time last night, Kristen gave birth to 3 beautiful, perfect babies. As was said in the last post, we got word during the middle of the afternoon it was going to happen. Kristen started getting prepped at about 6:45, and I was ushered into the OR at about 7:15. It was quite a sight: 18 doctors and nurses for the babies and Kristen (still don't know why there wasn't a team for me!).

I was a little leery of seeing the little alien looking things, but was amazed at what happened. Once the doctors started, it took all of 1 and half minutes to get all the babies out of there. So Kristen was in the hospital for almost 14 weeks, and it came down to 1.5 minutes. Crazy! Anyway, the first thing we heard was little Jack crying and I can't really describe to you what I saw. You parents know. But even with the goo all over him, he was still beautiful, and I was completely taken at how drawn to him I was. Then came Chloe and Luke, all great.

Stats: Jack - 4lbs 13 oz, Chloe - 5 lbs 2 oz, Luke - 5 lbs 12 oz. Can you believe that?! Kristen had almost 17 pounds of baby in her! Absolutely amazing. And I can't say that I have ever been more proud or more impressed with anyone than I am of Kristen. I know God and all the prayer did this, but Kristen had to carry them all, through three months of miserable sickness, and three more of being still in the hospital. You are my hero, babe, and I love you very much.

Here is a link for more pics of the triplets:
http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3740351007/a=31735688_31735688/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment