Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And another one!

Today, Kristen hit 29 weeks on the charts! Fantastic news. She is unfortunately getting more uncomfortable (that belly is getting big, as noted by the fact that Kristen can now set drinks, snacks, or a pizza on it), but is maintaining. If Kristen makes it one more week, we will actually be able to go back to the first hospital we were at, making driving much shorter for me!

Life for me has been crazy, as it is all consumed by work, driving and getting the house ready, particularly the nursery. I'll post some pictures soon, but the nursery has been an interesting ride. From buying the furniture department of Babys R Us out (the looks on people's faces their was priceless; moving it into our house wasn't) to getting it all set up, things have been funny and somewhat stressful. I thought Kristen would be the one to set everything up, but the day we were going to pick things up, she was sent on deployment (i.e. put in the hospital/clink). So the nursery does look good, and makes me laugh as it somewhat resembles barracks with the three cribs in a row! Also, when getting the curtains and putting them up, I have learned about things like "valances." Who knew what a valance was? I thought it was a guy who got shot (The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance; great western), not something that goes in front of curtains. I have learned way too much about this decorating thing, and need to just go mow the grass or make something that can't be used because it is ugly!

Oh well, until I can do that again (approximately 18 years) I will continue to get the house ready, and await the arrival of a few little kiddos, probably in the next couple of weeks! And I will get some pics of the nursery up here. Thanks again for the prayers. Oh, and if you can, please pray for a gal Kristen became acquainted with here at the hospital who WAS pregnant with triplets as well. She gave birth to them yesterday at 27 weeks. They all weighed right around 2 pounds! The mom is doing well, but the babies are just holding on. So please pray for them. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I really need you to post the nursery pictures..cause I need to see the exact shades of colors!! I have to finish buying gifts!

    ReplyDelete