Saturday, March 20, 2010

A lot of info and overwhelmed

Kristen's back pain has continued and gotten worse. We are thankful that this weekend we have been/are able to get some help in to work on it. Hopefully, the pain starts to diminish and she can sleep at night.

I have been getting my hands on as much info as I can about what to expect and how to prepare (which I feel will all be thrown out the window the minute they get here, much like all my premarriage info was thrown out the moment I got married!). I have read many books, spoken to some great people who have triplets, and looked at many websites. Here's a little of the info I have:

-You will need help, don't turn it down.
-Diapers, diapers, and more diapers (210 a week; I now have 5+months worth).
-Get them on a schedule (that's what we have Kristen for; I am here for organized chaos and fun)
-The amount of things we have/need is amazing (diapers, bottles, clothes, etc)
-I know WAY too much about breast feeding; some things a man just shouldn't know that much about
-Speaking of breastfeeding, I will be fairly irrelevant for a while. Yes, I will help with changings and such, but they will almost soley need their mother to survive. That is a pretty crazy thought.
-And, last but not least, the National Triplet Convention has been postponed for 2010 but will resume next year in Philadelphia with the theme, "Let THREEdom Ring." YESSS!

1 comment:

  1. I love it that you have this blog to keep us updated! Tell Kristen we love her and we are praying for you guys. I hope she feels better soon!
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete