Thursday, March 18, 2010

Long Week

It feels like it has been awhile since I updated everyone on how things are going. It has been a long week, for Kristen and myself. Kristen's back has started to give her fits. While it is great that she is getting close to 32 weeks (I still can't believe that she has come this far), I know she is also ready for this to be done. Just a little longer, and it will all be over. Man.....these kids owe her!

We've definitely started to see things pick up at night with contractions with Kristen starting to have hours where she has 6 or more. Fortunately/unfortunately (?) they aren't picking up during the day so I have no idea how close she is. This is playing havoc on the mind as I NEED to be here when the whole thing happens, but there is no way I can just stay here all the time (we live about an hour and 15 minutes away). So, it is all a guessing game and I make extra trips down if something starts moving a little different. At work, though, we have now got it all worked out now what we will do if I am going flying. If I am flying or just in the jet on the ground, the call will be given over the radio, "Operation Condor is commencing." (One of my buddies says that the correct call will be, "The Pampers are in the Crib.") In any case, we will then fly to Everett, where the USS Lincoln is actually docked roughly a mile out Kristen's window (no joke). We will have them "rig the wires," come in for a trap, and I will run over to the hospital. This will save time on everything and ensure I will be here on time. Okay, so that is not going to happen, but it is a good plan, right?! I see this working out flawlessly!

Hope all are well. Thanks for the prayers, and please pray for Kristen's back. I'll keep you updated on any changes.

1 comment:

  1. .....I totally fell for the "Operation Condor" plan...

    ReplyDelete