Sunday, February 21, 2010

OVERWHELMED! (Part 1 of a 200 part series)

So all is well and right in the world: the Pacific NW continues to have nice, bright days, the south/east has been pounded with snow, and Kristen is pregnant with triplets. What in the world is going on?

Kristen is now just 2 days from making it to 28 weeks, a HUGE milestone. At that point, each baby has a 90% chance of living a completely normal life (or as normal as it can be having me for a dad!).

At this point, I can't imagine Kristen not carrying triplets, but I still can't imagine having 3 little ones in our house. I can't wrap my mind around how this whole thing is going to work, and to some degree, I don't think I will even a year from now. For now, Fenway and I will try not to make more messes than have things we clean up at the house. It is very hard for us, though. We continue to freak out a little more all the time.

So how different are Kristen and I? Yesterday, with the beautiful weather we had, Kristen, Katie (one of Kristen's friends) and I went for a wheel chair ride outside and around the hospital (I have yet to talk Kristen into commandeering another wheelchair so we can race). As we rolled around, an old man walked in front of us wearing Bud Light pajama pants and a gown that wasn't tied all the way in the back. She told me that at the same time she was thinking, "I'm glad that old man is wearing pants," I blurted out, "Man, I wish that guy wasn't wearing any pants. That would be hysterical!" Needless to say, I guess opposites do attract. I wonder which parent each of these three will be more like?

No comments:

Post a Comment